Monday, December 22, 2008

people notice!

i was mentioned in an interview with albert wang, the curator and director of Iao Projects and Iao: ABC.

It's a two-way street. We had a lot of artists submit portfolios online. At first, Shadna and I chose to use Craigslist as a way of discovering up-and-coming artists who are completely unknown. For example, I was able to discover the works of Boston-area printmaker Mark Phelan through this venue. He is represented also by Aeon Logic Art Gallery in Brooklyn as well, which we have encouraged. Phelan is an extremely solid mixed-media printmaker whose private imagery and fantastic surrealism caught my eye with its rather post-modern storytelling similar to a novel by John Barth. I recommend the viewer to catch his work to see what I mean in that respect.

you can read the whole interview here:

http://theconfroom.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment